Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Charlotte Bond/PA/Cambridgeshire Constabulary
A shoplifter is banned from every single Sainsbury's and M&S store in Cambridgeshire.
Blake Healy, 25, received a two-year Criminal Behaviour Order at Peterborough Magistrates' Court today (Tuesday, May 24).
A neighbourhood police officer from Cambridge, where Healy lives, described the shoplifter as a "prolific" thief.
The Criminal Behaviour Order bars Healy from entering all Marks and Spencer stores and all Sainsbury's branches in the county.
Earlier this year, in January, Healy appeared at Cambridge Magistrates' Court.
The shoplifter, of Willow Walk in Cambridge, was sentenced to 26 weeks in prison after pleading guilty to four counts of theft and an assault.
PC Leigh Brown, of the Cambridge neighbourhood policing team, said: "Healy is a prolific thief with a number of thefts against his name.
- 1 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 2 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 3 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 4 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 5 Cambridge 'knife-wielder' arrested
- 6 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 7 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 8 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 9 £1,350 a day (plus VAT) for new chief executive at combined authority
- 10 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
"Shoplifting can have a huge impact on both businesses and those who work for them.
"It often comes hand in hand with other crimes including criminal damage and violence."