Woman who spat at police officer jailed
- Credit: POLICE
A woman who spat at a police officer - despite "hard work to divert her from reoffending" - has been handed a 15-week prison sentence and Criminal Behaviour Order (CBO).
Rosanna Sichali, 47, of Histon Road, Cambridge, was given the two-year CBO at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court on Friday April 16 following the incident in June last year and more recent anti-social behaviour.
The CBO states she must not enter Cambridge within the boundary of Hills Road, Gonville Place, Mill Road, Coleridge Road and Cherry Hinton Road.
PC Jamie Tumber said: “The city neighbourhood team have worked hard with a number of agencies including the city council to support Rosanna and divert her away from offending.
"Unfortunately, her most recent behaviour has left us with no option but to refer her to the courts.
You may also want to watch:
“Anyone who sees her breaching her CBO should report it to police who will deal with it robustly.”
- 1 £2m in government funding secured to explore A10 improvements
- 2 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 3 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 4 Cast announced for open-air musical in cathedral grounds
- 5 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Hundreds of singers and musicians capture ‘Spirit of the Fens’ at concert
- 8 Councillors to spend £1m in bid to tackle climate change
- 9 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 10 Glass artist's angel wings sculpture is a poignant tribute