Rare model steam engines worth up to £15,000 stolen from outbuilding
- Credit: Cambs Cops
Vintage “very rare” collectable steam engines worth up to £15,000 have been stolen from a home outbuilding overnight.
The owner of the uncommon models has been left devastated after they were taken between 8pm on Saturday (January 30) and 10.30am on Sunday (January 31).
Thieves entered the outbuilding of the victim’s home in West Street, Godmanchester, and took the collection of model trains and engines worth between £10,000 and £15,000.
Sergeant Dominic Carminati of Cambridgeshire Constabulary said: “These vintage items are very rare and are of great value to their owner.
“The collection is unique and distinctive so I would urge anyone who has information, or has been offered these items for sale, to contact us immediately.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information is asked to call police on 101 or report online quoting crime reference 35/5967/21.
Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or visit www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 3 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 4 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 5 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 6 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 10 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest