Jailed ‘prolific burglar’ is handed another prison sentence
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police
A ‘prolific burglar’ currently in prison has been told he will serve another three-and-a-half years for his crimes.
Stuart Driver, 47, targeted seven homes, including one in Cottenham, during a burglary spree between July 2 and August 14, 2018.
There, he forced open a bathroom window and stole jewellery.
He also stole cash, bank cards, a laptop, documents and silverware from homes in Cambridge, Bedfordshire and Norfolk.
CCTV and dashcam footage revealed Driver at the scene of the crimes on a motorbike and he was arrested on August 14. Stolen items were also recovered from his house.
Detective Sergeant James Rabbett, who investigated Driver’s crimes, said: “Driver is a prolific burglar who had no remorse for the victims and refused to engage with police...
“...we were determined to bring him to justice.
- 1 Petition launched to save village pub
- 2 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 3 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 4 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 5 'Our dog was our motivation’ - couple behind organic dog treats business
- 6 Disciplinary action against anti-Pride pastor ‘never, ever about his religion’
- 7 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 8 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 9 Gary takes Dry January to next level with mental health challenge
- 10 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
“He would often use garden tools to break into homes so I would urge people to ensure their sheds and outbuildings are properly secure as well."
In March 2019, Driver was jailed for three-and-a-half years after being found guilty of six burglaries that took place on August 13 and 14, 2018.
Last Wednesday (June 2), Driver, of Thomas Road, Fulbourn was jailed for a further three-and-a-half years at Peterborough Crown Court after admitting seven charges of burglary and two of handling stolen goods at an earlier hearing.
He is serving his current sentence and when completed, his second will commence.
Advice on how to best protect your home from burglars can be found on Cambridgeshire Constabulary's website.