'This is what it looks like' say police as they film drugs raid
- Credit: Cambs Police
Eight police officers raiding a suspected drug dealer filmed themselves approaching the house and smashing their way in through the front door.
PC Chris McLoughlin tells viewers that ‘this is what it looks like’ if you are suspected of dealing drugs in East Cambridgeshire.
He speaks to the camera as he, PC Mark Wootton, and six other officers – most with helmets and some with battering rams – approach the house.
They are then seen approaching the house and the video ends with officers seen smashing their way into the house.
PC McLoughlin tells views police do get information from the public and when they act on it, a raid is possible.
You may also want to watch:
He says that to anyone suspected of dealing drugs “this is what it looks like” as he leads the police squad into action.
And if you are someone suspected of dealing drugs, he adds the ominous warning “coming to a door near you soon”.
- 1 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 2 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 3 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 4 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 5 Mark's 27 unanswered questions over volunteers to control parking
- 6 Body found in Wisbech road
- 7 Florist's 'service with a smile' marks first year of triumph
- 8 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 9 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 10 Spuds up: Potato open day brings 100 people to Ely
He explained police had been looking for a certain individual “for some time” and information suggested he was at the house in Soham they raided.
His video message shows what a drugs warrant involves and how regular they can be.
Executing a Section 23 drugs warrant, the team is shown carrying not only the equipment needed to access the house but also the accompanying kit to seize any substances to take away for analysis.
Before the warrant was carried out, officers involved were happy to receive a McDonald's breakfast as a kind gesture from a member of the public.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Constabulary said: “After an early start conducting drugs warrant in Soham, this breakfast bought by a kind-hearted member of the public was most welcome!”