Police on the hunt for stolen van from Cambs village
- Credit: Google Maps
Police officers are on the hunt for a van which was stolen from an East Cambridgeshire village last night.
The white Ford Transit van was stolen from The Crescent in Littleport on Wednesday evening.
Ellie Powles, niece of van owner Colin Brown, said that two people were involved in the theft and has since seen her social media appeal to retrieve the van shared multiple times.
“The van, registration FG66 NKW, was stolen from The Crescent at around 8.30pm,” Ellie said.
“They were going to try and track down the van, but I suspect the plates will have been changed by now and it’s been hot-wired so I’m not sure what state it will be in.”
You may also want to watch:
A Cambridgeshire police spokesperson said: “We were called at 8.12pm on September 1 with reports that a white Ford Transit van had been stolen by two men from the driveway of a house on The Crescent, Littleport.
"An investigation has been launched and enquiries are ongoing."
- 1 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 5 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 6 Florist's 'service with a smile' marks first year of triumph
- 7 Mark's 27 unanswered questions over volunteers to control parking
- 8 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 9 Lucky escape for driver who 'lost control' of car
- 10 Military teenager to star on national podcast
Anyone without internet access should call 101 and always dial 999 in an emergency.