Police on the hunt for stolen van from Cambs village
- Credit: Google Maps
Police officers are on the hunt for a van which was stolen from an East Cambridgeshire village last night.
The white Ford Transit van was stolen from The Crescent in Littleport on Wednesday evening.
Ellie Powles, niece of van owner Colin Brown, said that two people were involved in the theft and has since seen her social media appeal to retrieve the van shared multiple times.
“The van, registration FG66 NKW, was stolen from The Crescent at around 8.30pm,” Ellie said.
“They were going to try and track down the van, but I suspect the plates will have been changed by now and it’s been hot-wired so I’m not sure what state it will be in.”
A Cambridgeshire police spokesperson said: “We were called at 8.12pm on September 1 with reports that a white Ford Transit van had been stolen by two men from the driveway of a house on The Crescent, Littleport.
"An investigation has been launched and enquiries are ongoing."
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
Anyone without internet access should call 101 and always dial 999 in an emergency.