Suspected building site burglars stopped in their tracks
- Credit: Google Maps
An eagle-eyed member of the public proved key to catching three men suspected of breaking into a building site.
Cambridgeshire police were informed by the resident to reports of a break-in at the building site in Field End, Witchford yesterday evening (Wednesday).
Officers arrived to find no suspects, who were deemed to steal fencing and other wood as well as breaking a lock, but were not to be denied.
A Cambridgeshire police spokesperson said: “We were called at 8.04pm with reports of three people breaking into a building site.
“A vehicle suspected of being involved was later stopped on the A1(M) near Sawtry.
You may also want to watch:
“Three men from Peterborough, aged 32, 34 and 43, were arrested on suspicion of burglary and theft and were later released under investigation.”
The spokesperson added: “The 43-year-old man was also arrested on suspicion of failing to stop for police.”
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 3 'Support this local attraction,’ MP urges on museum visit
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 9 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 10 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire