Murdered Wimblington woman ‘died of stab wounds’
- Credit: Instagram
A Wimblington woman found dead in a house at Kettering had been stabbed, a post mortem has revealed.
Maddie Durdant-Hollamby was found by police shortly after 1pm last Friday.
The body of a man, Benjamin Green, was also found in the same house.
“Preliminary post-mortem reports show Ms Durdant-Hollamby died of stab wounds, and Mr Green of self-inflicted knife wounds,” said a spokesperson for Northamptonshire Police.
“The death of Ms Durdant-Hollamby is being treated by detectives as murder, and no-one else is being sought in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
“Both families have been informed of the findings and continue to be supported by specialist officers.”
Senior investigating officer, Detective Chief Inspector Joe Banfield, said: “Our investigation into the deaths of Maddie and Ben continues, and a file is being prepared for the coroner.
- 1 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 3 Mark's 27 unanswered questions over volunteers to control parking
- 4 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 5 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 8 Spuds up: Potato open day brings 100 people to Ely
- 9 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 10 New-look Hereward the Wake to take last stand 950 years on
“We continue to ask that the media leave the families and friends of Maddie and Ben to grieve in peace, and cease any efforts to contact them at this desperately sad time.”