Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- Credit: Facebook User
Suspected milk thieves have been caught on camera stealing milk from the front of a house.
The south of Ely is the location where thieves are carrying out their work, after a resident’s milk along with the bottle holder were stolen from outside their house at 12:52am on Sunday morning (July 25).
CCTV footage captured by the victim’s ring doorbell shows the thieves walking up to the property and grabbing the milk, before making a run for it away onto the streets.
The resident said: “It happened about a minute after it was dropped off, so clearly they were following the delivery truck.
“I have absolutely no idea why someone would hang around at midnight just to steal some milk!
“I’m not that fussed about the milk, I just find it strange.”
The victim has now posted the footage on Facebook to remind people to be vigilant.
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 3 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 4 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 5 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 6 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 7 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 8 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 9 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 10 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
One person commented saying: “We’ve had this happen a few times recently at work.
“It happened Sunday night (July 25) too.”
Since the post, the thief has returned the resident's bottle holder, but the milk is still lost.