Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- Credit: Facebook User
Suspected milk thieves have been caught on camera stealing milk from the front of a house.
The south of Ely is the location where thieves are carrying out their work, after a resident’s milk along with the bottle holder were stolen from outside their house at 12:52am on Sunday morning (July 25).
CCTV footage captured by the victim’s ring doorbell shows the thieves walking up to the property and grabbing the milk, before making a run for it away onto the streets.
The resident said: “It happened about a minute after it was dropped off, so clearly they were following the delivery truck.
“I have absolutely no idea why someone would hang around at midnight just to steal some milk!
You may also want to watch:
“I’m not that fussed about the milk, I just find it strange.”
The victim has now posted the footage on Facebook to remind people to be vigilant.
- 1 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Florist's 'service with a smile' marks first year of triumph
- 4 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Lucky escape for driver who 'lost control' of car
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 9 Military teenager to star on national podcast
- 10 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
One person commented saying: “We’ve had this happen a few times recently at work.
“It happened Sunday night (July 25) too.”
Since the post, the thief has returned the resident's bottle holder, but the milk is still lost.