March: Man charged with possession of a knife in public
- Credit: Google Maps
A man has been charged with possession of a knife in public after being arrested on The Avenue in March.
Jason Tice - of Bridge Street, Chatteris - was arrested just after 6.00pm on April 10.
He is alleged to have carried a knife on the March main road when police made the arrest.
The 48-year-old is set to appear at Cambridge Magistrates Court on June 10.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: "A man has been charged with being in possession of a knife in Fenland.
"Jason Tice, 48, of Bridge Street, Chatteris, was arrested in The Avenue, March, just after 6pm on Tuesday evening (10 April).
"He has since been charged with being in possession of a knife in a public place and has been bailed to appear at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court on June 10.
- 1 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 2 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 3 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 4 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 5 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 7 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 8 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
- 9 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 10 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
"Anyone with information about someone who carries a knife can report it to police online."