Man bailed after death of woman in Newmarket
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
A 50-year old man arrested in connection with the death of a woman in Newmarket has been released on bail - with another man remaining in custody.
Officers were called just after 10.10pm on Saturday, August 7 to a property in New Cheveley Road.
An ambulance attended the scene but a woman, aged in her 40s, was pronounced dead a short time later.
A cordon remains in place while an investigation into the circumstances continues.
Early enquiries lead detectives to believe it was an isolated incident and that there is no wider threat to the community.
Shortly after the incident, police arrested two men from Newmarket - one aged 57 and another aged 50 - on suspicion of murder.
The 50-year-old man has now been bailed to returned to police on September 1.
Any witnesses, or anyone with information about the incident, is asked to contact the joint major investigation team at Suffolk police, quoting incident number 37/43271/21.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident