Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
- Credit: Terry Harris/Facebook
A man has been charged with murder following the death of a man at a house in Wimblington, near March.
Lance Woollard, 64, of Richmond Avenue, March, remains in custody and apeared at Huntingdon Magistrates’ Court today (Saturday)
The victim can also be named as Nigel Ebbage, 35, of Honeysuckle Close, Wimblington.
A post mortem examination carried out at Peterborough City Hospital concluded Mr Ebbage died as a result of stab wounds.
He was discovered at the premises in Honeysuckle Close at about noon yesterday and was declared dead shortly afterwards.
You may also want to watch:
A police cordon remains up at the property.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor
- 3 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 4 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 5 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 6 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 7 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 8 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 9 Eggs from Peregrine Falcons nesting on Ely Cathedral rooftop hatch
- 10 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose