Woman struck with bat in home burglary
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A woman was struck with a bat when several men forced their way into her home.
Officers were called to the incident in Longstanton High Street at about 8pm on Wednesday February 3.
While inside the house, the men were confronted by the victim, a woman in her 40s.
They struck her with a bat, causing minor injuries, before fleeing on foot towards High Street where they got into a dark saloon and sped off without lights on.
PC Nick Raouna said: “This was a nasty incident which has left the victim understandably shaken.
You may also want to watch:
“We’d like to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time who might have seen a group of men acting suspiciously."
Anyone with information should contact police either by speaking to a web-chat operator on their website www.cambs.police.uk/report quoting 35/6747/21 or, if you do not have access to a computer, call 101.
- 1 Museum shares historical photos of Ely Market and its royal visitors
- 2 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 3 Holiday park 'honoured' to host Cambridge Boat Race teams
- 4 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 5 Youngsters finally get their wish thanks to new goalposts
- 6 'Lot wrong' but opponents admit concrete plant expansion defeat
- 7 Rats spotted around overflowing bins in Ely
- 8 Business improving for market traders as lockdown eases
- 9 Coffee company's stolen generator found as business continues to thrive
- 10 Counsellor moves practise outdoors with ‘Walk and Talk Sessions’