Woman struck with bat in home burglary
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A woman was struck with a bat when several men forced their way into her home.
Officers were called to the incident in Longstanton High Street at about 8pm on Wednesday February 3.
While inside the house, the men were confronted by the victim, a woman in her 40s.
They struck her with a bat, causing minor injuries, before fleeing on foot towards High Street where they got into a dark saloon and sped off without lights on.
PC Nick Raouna said: “This was a nasty incident which has left the victim understandably shaken.
You may also want to watch:
“We’d like to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time who might have seen a group of men acting suspiciously."
Anyone with information should contact police either by speaking to a web-chat operator on their website www.cambs.police.uk/report quoting 35/6747/21 or, if you do not have access to a computer, call 101.
- 1 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 2 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 3 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 4 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 5 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 6 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 7 Annual classic car show returns to Ely
- 8 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 9 Book tickets for brewery’s summer jazz party
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment