Jail for drug dealer caught in hotel room with cocaine and heroin worth £1,300
- Credit: CAMBS POLICE
A drug dealer from Littleport who was caught in a hotel room with class A drugs with a street value of more than £1,300 has been jailed for almost three years.
Tony Adams, 29, was being sought by police who found him in a hotel in Coldhams Lane, Cambridge, with a stash of crack cocaine and heroin.
The drugs were found hidden in some plastic gloves as well as a quantity of cash on December 1.
Adams, of New Road, Littleport, was jailed for 33 months at Cambridge Crown Court on Tuesday January 5 after pleading guilty to two counts of possessing a class A drug with intent to supply.
DC Laura Ramsey, who investigated, said: “Drugs can have a devastating impact on communities, often going hand in hand with other types of criminality.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m incredibly pleased with yesterday’s result which will see Adams off our streets for quite some time.
“The public are often our eyes and ears and I would encourage anybody with information about illegal drug activity to get in touch.”
Information about illegal drug activity can be reported online.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 6 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 7 Author opens school’s new library
- 8 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 9 Town considers home for market
- 10 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate