Recreation ground targeted by vandals
- Credit: Facebook User
Vandals who have targeted a sports facility in Ely may be revealed sooner rather than later after CCTV has captured the culprits in action.
Football goals at Haddenham recreation ground have been sliced by the vandals, leaving a number of holes in them.
The goals are now unusable.
A football club who uses the ground, Haddenham Rovers Colts, believe the CCTV footage they have shows the culprits performing the act.
A spokesperson said: “The goals were vandalised last week and we do have CCTV of the culprits.
“We would urge them to contact the football club (firstname.lastname@example.org) with an offer to fund the repairs.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesperson said that if no one owns up to the damage of the goals, CCTV footage will be passed onto the police for them to deal with.
Members of the community have commented on the vandalism.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 9 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
One said: “So sad.
“Why be so destructive.”
The police have been approached for a comment.