Recreation ground targeted by vandals
- Credit: Facebook User
Vandals who have targeted a sports facility in Ely may be revealed sooner rather than later after CCTV has captured the culprits in action.
Football goals at Haddenham recreation ground have been sliced by the vandals, leaving a number of holes in them.
The goals are now unusable.
A football club who uses the ground, Haddenham Rovers Colts, believe the CCTV footage they have shows the culprits performing the act.
A spokesperson said: “The goals were vandalised last week and we do have CCTV of the culprits.
“We would urge them to contact the football club (firstname.lastname@example.org) with an offer to fund the repairs.
The spokesperson said that if no one owns up to the damage of the goals, CCTV footage will be passed onto the police for them to deal with.
Members of the community have commented on the vandalism.
- 1 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 2 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 3 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 4 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 5 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 6 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 7 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 8 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
One said: “So sad.
“Why be so destructive.”
The police have been approached for a comment.