Five held after fleeing through window during drugs raid
- Credit: Cambs Police
At least five suspects are being quizzed after drugs, cash and a knife were seized during two police raids in March.
Police carried out warrants on Thursday in Pierson Court and Creek Road.
A police spokesperson said they acted “in response to community concerns raised around drugs”.
At Pierson Court, five men were detained after they attempted to flee through front windows.
“Unluckily for them, two officers were already waiting to greet them,” said the spokesperson.
You may also want to watch:
“The men were searched and found to have nothing in their possession; however, in the house class A and B drugs, scales, weapons and about £800 were found.”
In Creek Road, again both class A and B drugs were found.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
The spokesperson added; “All drugs and weapons were seized; no arrests were made however investigations into both addresses are ongoing.”
Responding on their Facebook page to the seizures, the spokesperson added: “We will not discuss on here about arrests or why they were not arrested at the time.”