Ely East becomes drugs hotspot for East Cambs over three years
- Credit: Archant
Ely East has recorded the most drug offences out of any other area of East Cambridgeshire over a three-year period.
Figures from data.police.uk found that 40 out of 262 offences in the district from 2019 to 2021 were committed in Ely East.
It also tallied the highest number of drug crimes for two successive years.
The next highest area was Soham South, which saw 32 drug offences committed over those three years.
Ely East has so far recorded 12 of 66 drug-related offences in East Cambridgeshire over the last 12 months up to the end of January 2022, more than any other area.
Some of the locations in Ely East that have acted as drug hotspots include on or near Cresswells Lane and on or near Prickwillow Road.
The ward also tops the number of drug offences between 2019 and 2021 by LSOA (lower layer super output area).
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Replacement home not good enough says council
- 4 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 5 This Grade II listed Georgian home in Ely could be yours for £575,000
- 6 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 7 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 8 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 9 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 10 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
In this period, 21 crimes were reported in Ely East, one more than second-placed Littleport West and four more than third-highest Soham South.