Café owner left stranded after 'only mode of transport' stolen in broad daylight
- Credit: FRESH
A café owner from Mepal has been left without her only mode of transport after her bicycle was stolen in broad daylight.
The kitchen staff member at FRESH wellness centre in Broad Street, Ely is appealing to find the suspect or anyone who may have any information.
Clear CCTV images have been released on social media after the theft which happened at around 12.15pm on Sunday, December 20.
A spokesperson for FRESH said: “Please get in touch if you have any information at all, the bike belongs to our café owner and is her only mode of transport from Mepal to Ely.
“Additionally, another bike was left here (the one they are riding in the picture) and we assume it was stolen too.
You may also want to watch:
“Please get in touch if you have had a bike stolen recently - it's more of a teenager's/child's bike. We will keep it safe until the owner is found.
“We know the Ely community can do wonderful things so we're crossing our fingers and toes we can get return everything to their rightful owners.”
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks