Café owner left stranded after 'only mode of transport' stolen in broad daylight
- Credit: FRESH
A café owner from Mepal has been left without her only mode of transport after her bicycle was stolen in broad daylight.
The kitchen staff member at FRESH wellness centre in Broad Street, Ely is appealing to find the suspect or anyone who may have any information.
Clear CCTV images have been released on social media after the theft which happened at around 12.15pm on Sunday, December 20.
A spokesperson for FRESH said: “Please get in touch if you have any information at all, the bike belongs to our café owner and is her only mode of transport from Mepal to Ely.
“Additionally, another bike was left here (the one they are riding in the picture) and we assume it was stolen too.
“Please get in touch if you have had a bike stolen recently - it's more of a teenager's/child's bike. We will keep it safe until the owner is found.
“We know the Ely community can do wonderful things so we're crossing our fingers and toes we can get return everything to their rightful owners.”
- 1 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 2 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 3 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 6 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 7 New cycling and walking routes strategy approved by council
- 8 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 9 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 10 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000