Teenager tried to run away from police with cocaine, heroin and cash in his trousers
- Credit: POLICE
A teenager who attempted to run away from police with cocaine, heroin and cash in his trousers has been sentenced.
Kai Lewis, aged 18 and from Cherry Hinton, was at the recreation ground with another teenage boy on April 4 when he made off on foot from officers from the Southern Neighbourhood Support Team who were on patrol.
Suspecting the pair were dealing drugs, they were stopped and searched. Lewis had more than £200 in cash and two wraps of crack cocaine in his trousers.
The other boy had 27 wraps of crack cocaine and 15 wraps of heroin hidden in his bottom as well as £50 in cash.
Lewis was sentenced to three years in a young offender’s institute after previously pleading guilty to two counts of possession with intent to supply class A drugs, possession of a class B drug and possession of cannabis.
The other boy was given a 12 month detention and training order on August 17 after pleading guilty to possession with intent to supply heroin and crack cocaine and possession of cannabis.
PC Nathan Stuart from the Neighbourhood Support Team said: “This sentence serves as a warning to those who think drug dealing is easy money or are sold a dream of quick cash and designer goods.
- 1 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 2 Baby murder accused 'didn't say much' after life support withdrawn
- 3 Mara is Ely Standard Pet of the Year - voted for by you
- 4 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 5 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 6 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
- 7 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 8 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 9 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 10 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
“I hope Lewis will use this opportunity to turn his life around.”
If you suspect drug dealing in your area, report it online.