Drug dealer caught with cocaine and heroin waved 12-inch knife during brawl
- Credit: CAMBS POLICE
A man was sentenced for being in possession of Class A drugs and waving a 12-inch knife around during a brawl.
Dillone Elliott, 19, was captured on CCTV in Cambridge thrashing the blade in people's faces during the fight in the early hours of February 9, 2019.
CCTV operators called police and Elliott was arrested in the city centre.
He was then searched and found with 82 wraps of crack cocaine and 58 wraps of heroin.
Elliott, of Thesiger Road, London, was sentenced to 18 months in prison, suspended for two years, at Peterborough Crown Court on May 18.
You may also want to watch:
The sentencing came after Elliott pleaded guilty to possession of a knife in a public place and possession with intent to supply crack cocaine and heroin at a previous hearing.
He must also complete 420 hours unpaid work.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 5 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 6 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
Detective Constable Alan Tregilgas said: “Working in partnership with CCTV operators we were able to ensure Elliott was found and arrested before anyone came to harm.
“Often people think that carrying a knife gives them protection. What it actually does is put them, their friends and family in danger and increases the chances of someone being hurt.
"Worried about knife crime? Visit our website to find out what we’re doing to tackle the issue, or to tell us about someone you know who carries a weapon."