Double drink drive arrest after men found over four times limit
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police
Two drink drivers including one involved in a three-vehicle crash were arrested after being over four times the legal limit.
Police officers first spotted a 43-year-old man sat in the driver's seat of a car on Elm Road, Wisbech on July 16.
In fact, officers found that the man was disqualified from driver after initial checks.
A spokesperson on the Policing Fenland Facebook page said: “We conducted a roadside breath test, where he gave a reading of 153... the legal limit is 35!”
The man was arrested, taken to custody in King’s Lynn and due to appear in court on September 1.
Just hours later, police breathalysed a 44-year-old man who was involved in a three-vehicle crash on The Avenue, March.
The man was breathalysed and gave a reading of 169, more than four times the legal limit,” said the police spokesperson.
- 1 CCTV released after three people assaulted in city
- 2 See around £1.65m business park that offers eight industrial units
- 3 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for man missing since Thursday
- 4 Man stole charity box from restaurant and broke into newsagent
- 5 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 6 Woman who assaulted police officer on prison release sent back to jail
- 7 Man reveals how he gave £30,000 to dating fraudster he thought loved him
- 8 Shoplifter back in prison after stealing on 18 different occasions
- 9 Annual Green Fair returns to Ely for its second year
- 10 Resident ‘disappointed’ at lack of care given to country park maze
“He was arrested and taken to King’s Lynn custody and is due to appear in court on August 24.
If you have concerns relating to drink or drug driving, call Cambridgeshire Police’s 24/7 confidential hotline on 0800 032 0845.