Drink driver three times over the limit at 5.40am
- Credit: Policing Fenland
A drink driver is spending the day sobering up in the cells after a 5.40am stop by police found him three times over the limit.
The driver was spotted by police in Churchill Road, Wisbech.
A police spokesperson said the driver was “seen to be swerving in the road”. They pulled him over for a breathalyser test.
When they took a reading, police say he blew a “whopping 119 at the roadside – that's more than three times the legal limit of 35!”.
Police say the high reading “shocked” them.
You may also want to watch:
The driver was arrested and police say the man “currently remains in custody”.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 6 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 10 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos