Crime Watch 02/05
A BIKE was stolen from under the nose of its rider on Downham Road, Ely on Wednesday (30) between 3.15 and 3.30pm. The thief pulled the bike from the hands of its owner after he refused to let him have a ride. A LARGE amount of decking was stolen from t
A BIKE was stolen from under the nose of its rider on Downham Road, Ely on Wednesday (30) between 3.15 and 3.30pm. The thief pulled the bike from the hands of its owner after he refused to let him have a ride.
A LARGE amount of decking was stolen from the front driveway of a house in St Andrew's Close, Sutton, between 2.30pm on Tuesday (29) and 8.30am on Wednesday (30). About 50 lengths of wood were stolen.
AN attempt was made to break into St Thomas' Place, Ely on night Tuesday (29). A hole was cut in the inner wall but they failed to get in and the alarm was not activated.
CLOTHING and stationery were stolen from Tesco's in Angel Drove, Ely by squirreling items away in her bag, which was hanging off the back of her trolley. She made one purchase but left on Wednesday (30) at 10.15am without paying for any of the items in the bag.
AN ATTEMPT was made to steal diesel from a business on Witchford Road, Ely, on night Monday (28). The caller told police a Volvo full of male Europeans arrived during the afternoon and they asked about buying farm machinery, although he was suspicious that they were not bona fide farm machinery purchasers.
RED gloss paint was thrown over the front door of St Andrew's Way, Ely on night, between midnight and 7am on Tuesday (29).
- 1 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 2 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 3 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 6 'She will be sorely missed' - Rev Teresa retires
- 7 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 8 New-look girls' team bolstered on and off the pitch
- 9 Air cadet Rory given fitting farewell after loyal service
- 10 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
A VANDAL kicked in the front door of a house on Wisbech Road, Littleport on Sunday (27) at 8.15pm.
A TRAILER was stolen from Reach Road, Burwell on night Monday (28).
BATTERIES were stolen from vehicles at Stretham Road, Wicken on night Monday (28). They damaged part of a fuel hose while attempting to siphon off diesel from a storage container.
DIESEL was stolen after thieves broke into a secluded site in Upware between 3pm on Monday (28) and 7.30am on Tuesday (29).
A DISTRACTION burglary took place in High Street, Soham on Sunday (27). Four people pretended to shop, then one distracted staff by buying an item while the other three left without paying.
PROPERTY was stolen from a two cars in Reach Road, Burwell last weekend (26-28)