Crime Watch 02/05
A BIKE was stolen from under the nose of its rider on Downham Road, Ely on Wednesday (30) between 3.15 and 3.30pm. The thief pulled the bike from the hands of its owner after he refused to let him have a ride. A LARGE amount of decking was stolen from t
A BIKE was stolen from under the nose of its rider on Downham Road, Ely on Wednesday (30) between 3.15 and 3.30pm. The thief pulled the bike from the hands of its owner after he refused to let him have a ride.
A LARGE amount of decking was stolen from the front driveway of a house in St Andrew's Close, Sutton, between 2.30pm on Tuesday (29) and 8.30am on Wednesday (30). About 50 lengths of wood were stolen.
AN attempt was made to break into St Thomas' Place, Ely on night Tuesday (29). A hole was cut in the inner wall but they failed to get in and the alarm was not activated.
CLOTHING and stationery were stolen from Tesco's in Angel Drove, Ely by squirreling items away in her bag, which was hanging off the back of her trolley. She made one purchase but left on Wednesday (30) at 10.15am without paying for any of the items in the bag.
You may also want to watch:
AN ATTEMPT was made to steal diesel from a business on Witchford Road, Ely, on night Monday (28). The caller told police a Volvo full of male Europeans arrived during the afternoon and they asked about buying farm machinery, although he was suspicious that they were not bona fide farm machinery purchasers.
RED gloss paint was thrown over the front door of St Andrew's Way, Ely on night, between midnight and 7am on Tuesday (29).
- 1 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 2 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 3 Fire crews tackling woodland blaze carried pump and equipment 200 metres
- 4 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 5 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 6 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 7 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 8 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 9 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
A VANDAL kicked in the front door of a house on Wisbech Road, Littleport on Sunday (27) at 8.15pm.
A TRAILER was stolen from Reach Road, Burwell on night Monday (28).
BATTERIES were stolen from vehicles at Stretham Road, Wicken on night Monday (28). They damaged part of a fuel hose while attempting to siphon off diesel from a storage container.
DIESEL was stolen after thieves broke into a secluded site in Upware between 3pm on Monday (28) and 7.30am on Tuesday (29).
A DISTRACTION burglary took place in High Street, Soham on Sunday (27). Four people pretended to shop, then one distracted staff by buying an item while the other three left without paying.
PROPERTY was stolen from a two cars in Reach Road, Burwell last weekend (26-28)