Burglars steal cash box from village Co-op
- Credit: Facebook/@LocalCoOpMemberPioneer
Burglars broke into a village Co-op before fleeing with a cash box.
Police were called to the store on High Street, Cottenham in the early hours of today (Monday) to reports of a burglary.
A window is also thought to have been broken.
A Cambridgeshire police spokesperson said: “We were called at 1.40am today to reports of a business burglary at the Co-op in High Street, Cottenham.
“The suspects broke into the shop and stole a cash box before driving off in a car towards Willingham.
You may also want to watch:
“No arrests have been made and an investigation is ongoing.”
Police believe three people were involved, but it is unclear how much cash was stolen.
- 1 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Florist's 'service with a smile' marks first year of triumph
- 4 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 5 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 6 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 7 Lucky escape for driver who 'lost control' of car
- 8 Military teenager to star on national podcast
- 9 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
The Co-op had to delay its opening today.
Ironically it closed early last night at 7.45pm to allow staff time to get home to watch the England Euro 2020 final.
Anyone with more information should call police on 101 quoting 35/45253/21 or visit: https://www.cambs.police.uk/report/Report.
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or via: https://crimestoppers-uk.org/.