Burglars steal cash box from village Co-op
- Credit: Facebook/@LocalCoOpMemberPioneer
Burglars broke into a village Co-op before fleeing with a cash box.
Police were called to the store on High Street, Cottenham in the early hours of today (Monday) to reports of a burglary.
A window is also thought to have been broken.
A Cambridgeshire police spokesperson said: “We were called at 1.40am today to reports of a business burglary at the Co-op in High Street, Cottenham.
“The suspects broke into the shop and stole a cash box before driving off in a car towards Willingham.
“No arrests have been made and an investigation is ongoing.”
Police believe three people were involved, but it is unclear how much cash was stolen.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 10 Father accused of baby's murder claimed she had hit her head in car
The Co-op had to delay its opening today.
Ironically it closed early last night at 7.45pm to allow staff time to get home to watch the England Euro 2020 final.
Anyone with more information should call police on 101 quoting 35/45253/21 or visit: https://www.cambs.police.uk/report/Report.
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or via: https://crimestoppers-uk.org/.