Burglars steal cash box from village Co-op
- Credit: Facebook/@LocalCoOpMemberPioneer
Burglars broke into a village Co-op before fleeing with a cash box.
Police were called to the store on High Street, Cottenham in the early hours of today (Monday) to reports of a burglary.
A window is also thought to have been broken.
A Cambridgeshire police spokesperson said: “We were called at 1.40am today to reports of a business burglary at the Co-op in High Street, Cottenham.
“The suspects broke into the shop and stole a cash box before driving off in a car towards Willingham.
“No arrests have been made and an investigation is ongoing.”
Police believe three people were involved, but it is unclear how much cash was stolen.
- 1 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 2 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 3 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 4 Lorna’s successful plea to remove £3 shower charge for disabled visitors to The Hive
- 5 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 6 'Cuckooing' drug dealer caught with cocaine to the value of £3,670
- 7 Hunt is on for arsonists after 5am car fire
- 8 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 9 Child shot in face by BB gun bought at summer festival
- 10 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
The Co-op had to delay its opening today.
Ironically it closed early last night at 7.45pm to allow staff time to get home to watch the England Euro 2020 final.
Anyone with more information should call police on 101 quoting 35/45253/21 or visit: https://www.cambs.police.uk/report/Report.
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or via: https://crimestoppers-uk.org/.