Family’s caravan stolen from drive
- Credit: Becky Hornett
A family had their much-loved caravan stolen last night – and are appealing for anyone with information to come forwards.
Thieves stole it between 10am yesterday (February 15) and 7am this morning (February 16).
Becky Hornett invested in the holiday model last January as prices to go abroad as a family were getting too expensive.
The caravan was being stored on her in-laws drive in Long Road, Terrington St Clement, when it was stolen.
In a post on Facebook, she said: “Now with it being a national lockdown I imagine there not being much movement so if anyone has seen anything please contact [police on] 101 or myself.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “It’s a Swift Archway Barnwell model, the Swift on the front is fairly faded and there was some damage over the wheel arch towards the back on the left-hand side.”
The interior has an L-shaped layout with a bathroom at the rear.
- 1 Man dies after falling from bridge on A14 between Histon and Milton
- 2 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
- 3 Rogue trader tells victim: 'I'll knock your lights out'
- 4 Photographer captures Ely Cathedral from above in stunning video
- 5 Police give out £200 penalty notices to day-trippers for second weekend running
- 6 Delivery riders and drivers wanted as Deliveroo launches in Ely
- 7 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 8 Golf club urges locals and dog walkers to ‘respect our private land’
- 9 Popular Ely pub may never re-open
- 10 My opinion on Fen Biosphere
Becky later explained her husband and three-year-old son were enjoyed two memorable family getaways in it last year.
She said: “We’re very annoyed and upset as it was our little boy’s favourite thing to do.
“I know it’s just a possession and can be replaced – but it won’t feel the same.”
Anyone with information should contact police on 101.