Police find stolen Ford Transit van parked up in east Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police
Police successfully located a stolen white Ford Transit van after receiving a tip-off that it was parked up in east Cambridgeshire.
Officers received information that the van was parked at a location in Orchard Drive, Cottenham on Thursday (February 17).
Two units from Cambridgeshire Constabulary’s Rural Crime Action Team attended and spotted the vehicle before seizing it for forensic examination.
Darryl Preston, the Cambridgeshire Police and Crime Commissioner, thanked officers on social media after they shared their victory.
He said: “Well done Cambs Rural Cops! I was out with local farmers reassuring them you’ve been working hard and you haven’t disappointed.”
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We received information that a stolen vehicle was parked at a location in Orchard Drive, Cottenham.
“At the address we found a transit van that had been reported stolen. It was recovered and will be taken for a forensics examination.”
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 4 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 5 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 6 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 7 This Grade II listed Georgian home in Ely could be yours for £575,000
- 8 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
- 9 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 10 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
One resident said: "Got to say you guys up there really do seem to be on the case and get things done."