Banned driver caught twice in a week by same police officer
- Credit: Cambs Police
A man was stopped by the same police officer twice within a week for driving whilst disqualified.
But on the second occasion he was already under the influence of drugs, a court heard.
Tristan Lenk, 22, was driving a Saab Estate without insurance and whilst banned when he was pulled over in Eastwood Close, Sutton, on November 30 last year.
Only seven days previous, Lenk had been pulled over by the same officer because he was disqualified from driving until September this year.
Lenk tested positive for cannabis and a blood test identified the psychoactive substance Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabis in his blood.
You may also want to watch:
Lenk pleaded guilty to driving while over the prescribed drug limit, driving while disqualified and driving without insurance.
At Cambridge Crown Court on August 19, he was sentenced to one year and one month in prison: ten months for breaching a suspended sentence and five months in total for drug-driving and driving while disqualified.
- 1 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Florist's 'service with a smile' marks first year of triumph
- 4 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 5 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 6 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 7 Lucky escape for driver who 'lost control' of car
- 8 Military teenager to star on national podcast
- 9 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled