Charity box burglar's break-in attempt foiled by CCTV
- Credit: POLICE
A burglar who was caught on CCTV trying to break into a Waterbeach hairdressers less than a month after stealing a charity box from a salon has been jailed.
Terry Lewis, 45, of Fen Road, Cambridge, was caught unsuccessfully trying to jimmy the door of a hairdressers in High Street, Waterbeach on May 15.
This was less than a month after being captured on CCTV breaking into a beauty salon in Newmarket Road, Cambridge, stealing a charity box, a safe containing £40 and an iPad worth more than £800.
At Peterborough Crown Court on Friday (July 9) Lewis pleaded guilty to non-dwelling burglary and attempted non-dwelling burglary.
He was sentenced to two years and three months in prison.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Eitan Joseph said: “Lewis is an opportunist burglar who spares no thoughts for his victims.
"Thanks to CCTV, he is now serving a lengthy sentence in prison and we hope he’ll use this opportunity to turn his life of offending around.”
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 7 Power boats thrill crowds at river races
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’