Prolific cycle thief banned from two rail stations
- Credit: Cambs Cops
A prolific Cambridge bike thief has been handed a Criminal Behaviour Order (CBO).
Kevin Champion, 45, of no fixed abode, was given the two-year CBO at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court.
The order states he must not go to Cycle Point at Cambridge Railway Station and Cambridge North Railway Station cycle park.
The CBO follows a conviction for two counts of bike theft one count of going equipped to steal in December last year where he was sentenced to 22 weeks in prison.
PC Jamie Tumber said: “The local neighbourhood team are working closely with partners including Cambridge Business Against Crime (CAMBAC) and businesses in the city to tackle bike theft by putting people like Champion before the courts.
You may also want to watch:
“We take all reports of bike theft seriously and would encourage people to report offences so we can build up a picture and deploy resources accordingly.”
Anyone who sees Champion breaching his CBO should report it to police
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 3 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 4 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 5 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 6 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 7 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out
- 8 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 9 Foodbank receives ‘kind’ cash donation from housebuilder
- 10 Our weekly round-up of what Ely Standard readers have to say