Boy, 16, arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery and firearm possession
- Credit: Jessica June
A 16-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery and possession of a firearm after a robbery at a shop in Sutton.
Police were called at 9.30pm last night (Monday December 13) to reports of a robbery at the One Stop shop in High Street.
"Armed police attended and arrested a 16-year-old boy on suspicion of attempted robbery and possession of a firearm." said a police spokesman.
"He remains in custody at Parkside Police Station."
One person who was in the shop when the attempted robbery happened said: "Me, my boyfriend and the staff are all okay.
"We are all shook up, as expected. It was a BB gun but this wasn't noticed at first.
"No harm was done to anyone or anything here."
- 1 Mara is Ely Standard Pet of the Year - voted for by you
- 2 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 3 Baby murder accused 'didn't say much' after life support withdrawn
- 4 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 5 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 6 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
- 7 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 9 Ely City WI share 'exciting projects' for 2022
- 10 Murder trial hears of 'appalling catalogue of injuries' suffered by baby