Cricketers stay motivated and keep fit thanks to lockdown fitness test
- Credit: Archant
From a gentle walk to an intense cycle ride, there is no question if City of Ely Cricket Club are keeping themselves both physically and mentally fit during the coronavirus lockdown.
Since launching a Strava group last month, cricketers have been logging their running, cycling and walking progress through the fitness app, in a bid to keep members fit and healthy while they can’t play.
Whilst abiding by social distancing guidelines, members have kept each other motivated through their different exercises, either in person or online, as well as encouraging some to exercise more often.
Writing on social media, a spokesperson for City of Ely CC said: “Members of the club have been logging their running, cycling, walking and other workouts via this fitness app. We are aiming to help keep each other fit, healthy and moving during lockdown.
“Some people regularly do this, some are trying new things and there were some amazing individual efforts. I’m just enjoying seeing teammates names on the scorecard, even if it’s in a different way.
You may also want to watch:
“I love seeing everyone’s workouts popping up on my Strava feed. It’s keeping me going.
“Whatever type of exercise you’re doing we’d love to see it. Keep getting stronger everyone and enjoy it.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'