Crews called to two separate car fires within 24 hours in Ely and Swaffham Bulbeck
- Credit: Archant
Crews were called to two separate car fires within 24 hours in the East Cambridgeshire area.
A car was set on fire in Swaffham Bulbeck on Friday (8) afternoon.
At 12.10am one crew from Burwell was called to a fire on Commercial End in Swaffham Bulbeck.
Firefighters arrived to find a car on fire. Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to their station by 1.20am.
The cause of the fire was deliberate. Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
You may also want to watch:
The blaze comes less than a day after a car fire in Ely.
At 8.47p, on Thursday September 7 one crew from Ely was called to a fire on Downham Road.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 8 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 9 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 10 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
Firefighters arrived to find a car on fire at the Ely Leisure Village. They extinguished the fire using a hose reel and returned to their station by 9.45pm.
The cause of the fire was accidental.