Creature comfort at village festival
WICKEN hosted a festival of arts, crafts flowers and music over the Bank Holiday weekend, with artwork and live music from local people. The festival, held at St Laurence s Church, took All Creatures Great and Small as its theme, and the flower arrange
WICKEN hosted a festival of arts, crafts flowers and music over the Bank Holiday weekend, with artwork and live music from local people.
The festival, held at St Laurence's Church, took 'All Creatures Great and Small' as its theme, and the flower arrangements were based on birds, animals, fish and creepy crawlies.
There was a teddy service for youngsters and a competition for children to draw a picture based around an animal theme, and all the arts and crafts took a subject from the natural world.
The arts and crafts exhibition was organised by local artist and historian Anthony Day and included entries from Wicken artists Terry Beard, Shirley Covill, Susie Herbert, Jennifer Sargent and Richard Sell.
You may also want to watch:
All the proceeds from the festival will go towards the upkeep of the 500-year-old church.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry