Creative Ely to meet this evening at The Cutter Inn
- Credit: Archant
Local group Creative Ely will hold its last event of 2015 this evening, focusing on the three-year Ouse Washes Landscape Partnership project.
Founded in November 2012 by Sue Keogh, the group offers creative people in the area the opportunity to build relationships, share wisdom and generate work for each other.
There are now around 450 members and over the past three years Creative Ely has welcomed a huge range of speakers – from local tattoo artists Almost Angels and Raspberry Pi’s artist in residence Rachel Rayns, to poet Wendy Cope, author Ellee Seymour, poster designers We Three Club and actress Rania Kurdi.
“I’m enormously proud of what we have achieved,” said founder Sue Keogh.
“I’d like to thank everyone that came to our events, the speakers who spent time preparing such engaging, fun talks, and to the team members and supporters who helped it all happen”, she added.
You may also want to watch:
The meeting will take place from 7.30pm at The Cutter Inn, Ely.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry