Crash victim’s funeral
THE funeral of a man who died in a head-on collision on the A142 was held on Tuesday. Leighton King, 26, of Blackthorn Court, in Soham, died on his way to work when the van he was driving was in collision with a lorry at the junction with Eye Hill Drove
THE funeral of a man who died in a head-on collision on the A142 was held on Tuesday.
Leighton King, 26, of Blackthorn Court, in Soham, died on his way to work when the van he was driving was in collision with a lorry at the junction with Eye Hill Drove between Soham and Ely.
The funeral service took place at St Andrew's Church, Isleham.
Mr King had just sold his house in Blackthorn Court, Soham, to move back to Isleham, where he grew up.
Mourners were asked to bring flowers or make donations to Magpas or the British Heart Foundation.
Mr King worked for Waterbeach-based construction supply company Dickersons and was on his way to work when the collision happened at 5am.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 4 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 8 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
A 37-year-old man, from Granada in Spain, was arrested at the scene on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. He was taken to Parkside Police Station in Cambridge and questioned by detectives and later released on police bail. He will answer bail at a date to be confirmed.