Crash victim’s funeral
THE funeral of a man who died in a head-on collision on the A142 was held on Tuesday. Leighton King, 26, of Blackthorn Court, in Soham, died on his way to work when the van he was driving was in collision with a lorry at the junction with Eye Hill Drove
THE funeral of a man who died in a head-on collision on the A142 was held on Tuesday.
Leighton King, 26, of Blackthorn Court, in Soham, died on his way to work when the van he was driving was in collision with a lorry at the junction with Eye Hill Drove between Soham and Ely.
The funeral service took place at St Andrew's Church, Isleham.
Mr King had just sold his house in Blackthorn Court, Soham, to move back to Isleham, where he grew up.
You may also want to watch:
Mourners were asked to bring flowers or make donations to Magpas or the British Heart Foundation.
Mr King worked for Waterbeach-based construction supply company Dickersons and was on his way to work when the collision happened at 5am.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
A 37-year-old man, from Granada in Spain, was arrested at the scene on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. He was taken to Parkside Police Station in Cambridge and questioned by detectives and later released on police bail. He will answer bail at a date to be confirmed.