Two injured after lorry and car crash on A142 Witcham Toll junction – road closures in place
- Credit: Google Maps
Serious injuries have been reported after a crash between a car and lorry on the A142 at Witcham Toll this morning.
Police confirmed two people have been injured in the smash which happened at around 10.30am on February 27 - with one person described as "walking wounded".
Firefighters and the air ambulance are on-scene.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "We were called at 10.32am with reports of a collision on the A142 at Witcham Toll between a lorry and a car.
"Two people have been removed from the car, one described as walking wounded, other serious injuries and likely to be taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge by air ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
"The road has been closed from the Sutton roundabout."
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor