Crackdown continues on motorists who park badly across East Cambridgeshire with three drivers receiving £30 fines in Littleport
- Credit: Archant
Three motorists are out of pocket today (Friday) following a clampdown on poor parking outside a Littleport school.
PCSO Annie Austin issued three fixed penalty notices (£30 fines) to vehicles parking in Grange Lane and obstructing the chicane.
She said on Policing East Cambs Facebook page: “We’re continuing to receive messages from people who ask for us at school drop-off times and we know that traffic around our schools is still an issue. We do respond to the requests that people make and where it’s appropriate fixed penalties will be issued.
“Vehicles parked inappropriately around schools cause hazardous conditions on the roads for the children and other road users, including emergency services vehicles which sometimes struggle to get through.
“Our most recent community survey data suggests that road safety is still the number one concern for most people. We’ll continue to do what we can to tackle that issue.”
You may also want to watch:
Parking around schools was highlighted as a major concern in a survey carried out by East Cambs Police asking what crime issues people wanted prioritised.
A crackdown on poor parking around schools was launched in January and within the first week nearly 20 fixed penalty notices were issued.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review