Covid blow to pub forced to close and cancel Euro 2020 final
- Credit: The Crown
Doors to a Littleport pub remained shut on Sunday for the Euro 20202 final after isolated cases of Covid-19 among customers.
The Crown Inn posted a message to Facebook on Saturday saying the pub will stay shut until July 16.
"We have done everything in our power to protect our customers from this virus since reopening,” says a message on the pub’s Facebook page.
“Unfortunately, it appears that someone came into the pub on Saturday July 3, unaware that they had Covid.
“This has now spread and we have received news of two positive PCR positive cases.”
You may also want to watch:
The pubs says it made the decision to close following support and help from the environmental health officer at East Cambs Council.
"We have now had the pub deep cleaned and we have spoken again to the environmental health about more positive cases.”
- 1 Town considers home for market
- 2 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 3 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 4 Plea to council to halt £6.5m crematorium plan
- 5 Sutton couple mark seven decades of marriage
- 6 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 7 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 8 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 9 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 10 Derby win gets Ely City back on track after eight-goal thriller
Publicans Sara and Robbie says they also contacted other pubs in the village “to make them aware as some of our customers visit all venues”.