Van deliberately set alight in Coveney - whilst fire crews also tackle chimney blaze in Haddenham
- Credit: Archant
A van was set alight deliberately in Coveney near Ely at the weekend.
A fire crew from Chatteris was dispatched for the 10 mile journey to Short Lane, Coveney, where the van was still on fire.
The incident happened just before 8.30pm and firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze.
A fire service spokesman said: "The cause of the fire was deliberate."
Anyone with information should contact police by visiting www.cambs.police.uk to submit an online report or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
At 2.24pm on Saturday (19) one crew from Ely was called to a fire on Cherry Orchard in Haddenham.
Firefighters arrived to find a fire involving a chimney, which originated behind a wood burner. They extinguished the fire and returned to their station by 3.50pm.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 4 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 5 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 6 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 7 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 8 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 9 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 10 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
The fire service spokesman said: "Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and brickwork inspected at least once a year, preferably before lighting it. This will help to prevent a chimney fire."