Van deliberately set alight in Coveney - whilst fire crews also tackle chimney blaze in Haddenham
- Credit: Archant
A van was set alight deliberately in Coveney near Ely at the weekend.
A fire crew from Chatteris was dispatched for the 10 mile journey to Short Lane, Coveney, where the van was still on fire.
The incident happened just before 8.30pm and firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze.
A fire service spokesman said: "The cause of the fire was deliberate."
Anyone with information should contact police by visiting www.cambs.police.uk to submit an online report or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
You may also want to watch:
At 2.24pm on Saturday (19) one crew from Ely was called to a fire on Cherry Orchard in Haddenham.
Firefighters arrived to find a fire involving a chimney, which originated behind a wood burner. They extinguished the fire and returned to their station by 3.50pm.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
The fire service spokesman said: "Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and brickwork inspected at least once a year, preferably before lighting it. This will help to prevent a chimney fire."