Coveney farm available for rent as part of county farms estate
- Credit: Archant
A farm stretching to almost 150 acres is available for rent as part of Cambridgeshire County Council’s county farms estate.
Wolvey Holes Farm, in Coveney, is a 150acre arable and vegetable growing farm and comes with a house and farm buildings.
The farm, which is available on a five-year rent, will be open to view on February 10 and prospective tenants will be required to provide a business plan as part of their application to be submitted by March 2.
Cambridgeshire County Council’s farms estate is the largest of its kind in England and Wales covering 33,500acres, with 220 tenants.
Cambridgeshire County Councillor Steve Count, chairman of the general purposes committee, said: “The estate is an important part of Cambridgeshire’s rural economy, supporting many small businesses and providing an important first rung on the farming ladder for new entrants into farming, whilst providing vital funding for wider council services.
“It also helps to protect the local unique countryside and environment as well as providing leisure opportunities in the countryside. We look forward to anyone interested in becoming a tenant to contact the council.”
Anyone interested should look at the county council’s website. www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/countyfarms or call 01223 699094.
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 3 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 4 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 7 Magpas Air Ambulance doctor, Anne, shortlisted for national award
- 8 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 9 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 10 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives