Court watch round up
Warrant for arrest A WARRANT has been issued for the arrest of 25-year-old Andrew Dunn who failed to turn up at Ely Magistrates Court. Dunn, of New Barns Avenue, Ely admitted stealing a pair of trainers worth £11.99 from Gilesports in The Cloisters, Ely
Warrant for arrest
A WARRANT has been issued for the arrest of 25-year-old Andrew Dunn who failed to turn up at Ely Magistrates' Court.
Dunn, of New Barns Avenue, Ely admitted stealing a pair of trainers worth £11.99 from Gilesports in The Cloisters, Ely on March 22 this year at an earlier hearing.
He was due to be sentenced on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
Defendant on holiday
AN Ely woman accused of stealing five cans of Special Brew beer worth £7.75 from Ely's Spar store had her case adjourned on Thursday when magistrates heard she was on holiday overseas.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
Debbie Featley, 26, of Laurel Close was granted bail on condition she does not go to the High Street store. Her case will be heard on May 10.
Husband gets bail
A FATHER accused of beating his wife had his case adjourned for a week by Ely Magistrates on Thursday.
Clyde Watson, 45, is charged with assaulting Jane Watson in Soham on April 24 this year.
Watson, of Adrian Way, Cambridge was granted bail on condition that he did not go into the family house in Eastern Avenue, Soham or contact his wife. His case is due to be heard today (Thursday).