Court Watch Round-up
Adjournment in drink drive case MEPAL woman Debbie Featley, who drove when more than twice over the alcohol limit, has had her sentencing adjourned for a further three weeks. Featley, 26, has admitted drink-driving, careless driving, and driving without i
Adjournment in drink drive case
MEPAL woman Debbie Featley, who drove when more than twice over the alcohol limit, has had her sentencing adjourned for a further three weeks.
Featley, 26, has admitted drink-driving, careless driving, and driving without insurance or a licence on the A142 at Ely
on July 5.
She was due to be sentenced by Ely magistrates on Thursday, but when the court heard that she missed her appointment with the probation officer who was due to prepare a report on her, they agreed to put off the case until next month.
Featley, of Laurel Close, is already subject to an interim driving ban. She was given bail on condition that she keeps her next appointment with the probation service.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 5 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 9 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 10 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
A WARRANT without bail was issued for the arrest of 42-year-old homeless man Gary Doyle when he failed to turn up at Ely courthouse on Thursday, facing an allegation of using threatening words or behaviour.
The previous week, the court had adjourned the case because Doyle's alleged victim, Sheree Smith, had died.
Doyle is alleged to have used threatening behaviour, causing harassment alarm, or distress, in Ely on August 23, and faces a possible anti-social behaviour order.
Crash driver ban
A DRINK-driver who crashed his car near Pymore, injuring himself and his three passengers, has been banned from driving for 16 months.
Vitali Tarasov, 32, of Fir Road, Thetford, was also fined a total of £400 with £55 costs by Ely magistrates on Thursday.
The crash happened at 4.30am at the Pymore junction of the A1101 and the B1411 on June 25, said prosecutor Francesca Devine.
A blood test taken from Tarasov at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge more than three hours later showed a reading of 139 mgs of alcohol in 100 mls of blood, when the limit is 80 mgs.
Tarasov admitted drink-driving, and driving the Volkswagen Passat without insurance, a licence or MoT certificate.
WITCHFORD man Christopher Elsden is to face trial next month, after denying an allegation of assault.
Elsden, 33, of Granary End, Witchford, is accused of assaulting Elizabeth Greenhalgh in Ely on August 15.
The trial will take place in the city courthouse on October 19, and magistrates gave him unconditional bail until that date.