- A 17-year-old youth has admitted possession of cannabis in Ely, with intent to supply it to others. The youngster – who cannot be named due to a court order – was found with the drug in the city on February 14, magistrates heard on Thursday. He was sent
- A 17-year-old youth has admitted possession of cannabis in Ely, with intent to supply it to others. The youngster - who cannot be named due to a court order - was found with the drug in the city on February 14, magistrates heard on Thursday. He was sent to Ely Youth Court for sentencing on April 12.
Co-defendant Adam Webdell, 18, of Hillrow, Haddenham, denied possessing cannabis with intent to supply, and denied possessing an imitation firearm. He was granted unconditional bail until April 19, when the date of his trial is due to be fixed.
- A MEDICAL assessment is needed on Soham man Carl Scarrow before he can be sentenced, magistrates decided. Scarrow, 25, of Broad Piece, has admitted stealing £1,000-worth of car parts and scrap metal belonging to Derek Scarrow.
He has also admitted two offences of stealing meat from the Co-op in Isleham, one offence of stealing meat from the Co-op in Littleport, stealing toiletries from Superdrug in Cambridge, and driving without insurance or a licence.
You may also want to watch:
He is due back at Ely courthouse on April 12.
- BARWAY man Ian Fenn has been committed to stand trial at Cambridge Crown Court, after denying an allegation of burglary.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 6 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 7 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
It is alleged that Fenn, 25, of Fenfields, burgled premises in Mereside at Soham on January 8, stealing a Playstation and various games worth a total of £792.
He is on conditional bail until an appearance at the Cambridge court for a preliminary hearing on May 4.
- SPEEDER Christopher Swain was fined £60 by Ely magistrates after he was convicted of driving at 73mph along the A1101 at Littleport, where there is a 60mph speed limit in place.
Swain, 24, of Ely Road, Littleport, was also ordered to pay £42 costs and three points were put on his driving licence.
- THE trial of Ely man Edward Mullenger, who has denied an allegation of harassment, is due to take place at the city courthouse on May 17.
Mullenger, 50, of New Barns Avenue, is accused of harassing Helen Richardson in Ely between October 16 last year and January 16 this year. He has also denied three allegations of breaching his supervision following a term of imprisonment.
- MAGISTRATES have ordered a psychiatric report on Prickwillow man Gareth Coleman, who has admitted assaulting the landlord of the King's Arms pub in Ely, Andrew King. Coleman, 25, of Main Street, is due back at Ely courthouse for sentencing on April 19.
- A WARRANT was issued for the arrest of Littleport man James Curtis on Thursday, when he failed to attend court. Curtis, 24, of Millfield, is accused of driving a Ford Transit without due care and attention in West Fen Road at Ely on December 28 last year.
- LITTLE Downham man Paul Fuller is charged with obtaining a job by deception, by failing to declare he had criminal convictions. Fuller, 44, of Orchard Estate, is also accused of dishonestly getting a bank account by giving a false address.
The case against him was adjourned for seven days by Ely magistrates on Thursday.