- A 17-year-old youth has admitted possession of cannabis in Ely, with intent to supply it to others. The youngster – who cannot be named due to a court order – was found with the drug in the city on February 14, magistrates heard on Thursday. He was sent
- A 17-year-old youth has admitted possession of cannabis in Ely, with intent to supply it to others. The youngster - who cannot be named due to a court order - was found with the drug in the city on February 14, magistrates heard on Thursday. He was sent to Ely Youth Court for sentencing on April 12.
Co-defendant Adam Webdell, 18, of Hillrow, Haddenham, denied possessing cannabis with intent to supply, and denied possessing an imitation firearm. He was granted unconditional bail until April 19, when the date of his trial is due to be fixed.
- A MEDICAL assessment is needed on Soham man Carl Scarrow before he can be sentenced, magistrates decided. Scarrow, 25, of Broad Piece, has admitted stealing £1,000-worth of car parts and scrap metal belonging to Derek Scarrow.
He has also admitted two offences of stealing meat from the Co-op in Isleham, one offence of stealing meat from the Co-op in Littleport, stealing toiletries from Superdrug in Cambridge, and driving without insurance or a licence.
He is due back at Ely courthouse on April 12.
- BARWAY man Ian Fenn has been committed to stand trial at Cambridge Crown Court, after denying an allegation of burglary.
- 1 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 2 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 3 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 4 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 5 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 6 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 7 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 8 ‘If it wasn’t for NICU I possibly wouldn’t be here today’ - Darren fundraising for Addenbrooke's
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
It is alleged that Fenn, 25, of Fenfields, burgled premises in Mereside at Soham on January 8, stealing a Playstation and various games worth a total of £792.
He is on conditional bail until an appearance at the Cambridge court for a preliminary hearing on May 4.
- SPEEDER Christopher Swain was fined £60 by Ely magistrates after he was convicted of driving at 73mph along the A1101 at Littleport, where there is a 60mph speed limit in place.
Swain, 24, of Ely Road, Littleport, was also ordered to pay £42 costs and three points were put on his driving licence.
- THE trial of Ely man Edward Mullenger, who has denied an allegation of harassment, is due to take place at the city courthouse on May 17.
Mullenger, 50, of New Barns Avenue, is accused of harassing Helen Richardson in Ely between October 16 last year and January 16 this year. He has also denied three allegations of breaching his supervision following a term of imprisonment.
- MAGISTRATES have ordered a psychiatric report on Prickwillow man Gareth Coleman, who has admitted assaulting the landlord of the King's Arms pub in Ely, Andrew King. Coleman, 25, of Main Street, is due back at Ely courthouse for sentencing on April 19.
- A WARRANT was issued for the arrest of Littleport man James Curtis on Thursday, when he failed to attend court. Curtis, 24, of Millfield, is accused of driving a Ford Transit without due care and attention in West Fen Road at Ely on December 28 last year.
- LITTLE Downham man Paul Fuller is charged with obtaining a job by deception, by failing to declare he had criminal convictions. Fuller, 44, of Orchard Estate, is also accused of dishonestly getting a bank account by giving a false address.
The case against him was adjourned for seven days by Ely magistrates on Thursday.