Child abduction charge denied A SUTTON woman who has denied abducting a child in the village had her case adjourned by Ely magistrates. Sandra Scrivener, 27, of Mepal Road, is alleged to have committed the offence on November 7. She is also charged with s
Child abduction charge denied
A SUTTON woman who has denied abducting a child in the village had her case adjourned by Ely magistrates.
Sandra Scrivener, 27, of Mepal Road, is alleged to have committed the offence on November 7. She is also charged with supplying cannabis to the youngster in Sutton, between August 1 and November 9, and permitting the use of her home for the smoking of cannabis between August 10 and November 10.
She is on conditional bail until January 26.
Disabled woman guilty of assault
AN Ely woman who was ejected from her own trial in November because she constantly interrupted proceedings has now been sentenced.
- 1 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 4 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 5 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 6 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 7 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 8 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 9 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
Disabled Sheree Smith had been found guilty of assaulting a neighbour and her child, and making a malicious phone call - and had already admitted assaulting a police officer.
She had also admitted acting in a disorderly manner near her home in New Barns Avenue two months after that incident.
After reading a report on Thursday, Ely magistrates gave her a two-year community penalty with a supervision order and ordered her to pay £400 costs.
Solicitor Michael Judkins told the court that Smith had since changed her doctor and had new medication that reduced her craving for alcohol and acted as a relaxant.
Motorist faces trial for driving 110mph
SOHAM man John Mynott is accused of driving a Subaru Impreza at speeds up to 110 mph in a 60 mph limit.
Mynott, 41, of High Street, has denied that he drove without due care and attention on the B1102 between Stow-cum-Quy and Burwell on June 27.
It is alleged that in the early hours of the morning he drove at 50 mph in a 40 mph limit; and drove at 110 mph and 100 mph in the 60 mph speed limit.
His trial is due to take place at Ely Magistrates' Court on April 20.
Ely courthouse will hear burglary case
THE trial of Witchford man Tommy Saunders, who has denied an allegation of burglary, is due to take place at Ely courthouse on April 13.
Saunders, 21, of Manor Close, is alleged to have burgled Jewsons in Ely on November 19, with intent to steal.
Theft charge back in court this month
A THEFT charge facing Littleport man Danny Webb is due back in court before Ely magistrates on January 12.
Webb, 20, of Hempfield Place, is accused of stealing chrome vehicle sports bars worth £1,500 from John Fenner in Wardy Hill on August 24.