‘The day was fantastic’ - couple marry after winning NHS competition
- Credit: Emma Ashdown Photography
A couple who won a competition in 2020 to land a dream wedding tied the knot last week (April 6) surrounded by all of their friends and family.
Tia and Joel Whittingham, paramedics for the East of England Ambulance Service, entered a competition ran by Chippenham Park near Newmarket and its suppliers to win a wedding package as a ‘thank you’ to NHS staff for their dedication throughout the coronavirus pandemic.
The couple found out that they had won the prize on August 7 2020 and, last Wednesday, (April 6) their dream wedding finally became a reality.
Beccy Nicholson, events manager at Chippenham Park, said: “The day was fantastic; Tia and Joel had the most magnificent day despite the wind trying to play havoc with their wedding!
“There were a few odd April showers during the day and the temperature could have been a little warmer, but we were still lucky enough to get some sunshine and still moments for those beautiful formal shots.”
At the beginning of the pandemic, Chippenham Park and Blossom Wedding Planning came together with several suppliers to create the ultimate prize worthy for an NHS couple.
The suppliers, such as a professional photographer, caterer, decorator and entertainer offered their services for free or for a heavily discounted price.
“We felt so helpless watching all those amazing workers and wanted to give something back; what a better way than what we do best – a free wedding!” said Beccy.
Tia’s bridal gown was gifted from Blush Ely; she was able to pick one up to the value of £1,500 as part of the prize package.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 4 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 5 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 6 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 7 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 8 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 9 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 10 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
The couple's food menu consisted of a selection of hot/cold food canapes, followed by a three-course meal of choices including prawn cocktail, pan fried salmon fillet and chocolate marquise.
“After such a rough two years, it was great to get back into the wedding season and especially to kick off with the NHS wedding as one of our first weddings of 2022,” said Beccy.
“The wedding was such a joy to be a part of and Tia and Joel were so amazing throughout the whole planning process.
“We wish them a lifetime of happiness!”
Suppliers who gave their time/supplies for free at the NHS wedding:
- Venue: Chippenham Park firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planning Services: Blossom Wedding Planning email@example.com
- Cake: Karen Jayne Cake Design - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Harpist: UK Harpists - Xenia email@example.com
- Singer: Truly Romantic UK - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Singing Waiters: Silver Service Singers - email@example.com
- Disco: Wedding Party Events - https://weddingpartyevents.com
- Florist: Augusta Hope Flowers - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photographer: Emma Ashdown Photography email@example.com
- Videographer: White In Motion Films - firstname.lastname@example.org
- MUA: Amelia Bethany Makeup - email@example.com
- Hair Stylist: Katrina Kelly Wedding Hair - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chair Covers: Styled by Lulabelles - email@example.com
- Magician: Matthew Le Mottee - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Confetti Pony: Joey the Confetti Pony - email@example.com
- Napkins: Northfields Linen - firstname.lastname@example.org