Couple in scuffle as jeans are thrown out of front door
JENNIFER Chandler chucked Ricky Attlesey s jeans out of the front door after he complained that he had spent too much money on her at Soham Comrades Club. The couple got into a row and there was a scuffle between them, Ely magistrates were told by prosecu
JENNIFER Chandler chucked Ricky Attlesey's jeans out of the front door after he complained that he had spent too much money on her at Soham Comrades Club.
The couple got into a row and there was a scuffle between them, Ely magistrates were told by prosecutor Matthew Bradbury on Thursday.
"There is a continuing risk of trouble between the two of them if they get themselves into a state of intoxication again and fall out," he said, asking for Attlesey to be bound over to keep the peace.
Attlesey, 42, of High Street, Soham, had previously denied assaulting Jennifer Chandler in Soham on March 18, but that allegation was withdrawn when he agreed to be bound over for a year in the sum of £300.
The couple had been friends for some months, after Attlesey split up from his wife Michelle, said Mr Bradbury. Attlesey and Ms Chandler went to the Comrades Club on March 18, and had some drink.
"On the way home they had fish and chips, and there was a row over money.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 4 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 5 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
- 8 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 10 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
"Attlesey was complaining he had spent too much cash on Ms Chandler, and there was row."
The couple's friendship has since ended, said solicitor John Aspinall, and Attlesey was content to be bound over.