Couple decide to have one for the road (well, track)
A SUTTON couple who bought a racing truck on impulse after a visit to Brands Hatch have formed their own racing team. Ian and Vanessa Gypps founded Dark Horse Racing after their enjoyment of last year s races prompted them to invest in a six-tonne, 950
A SUTTON couple who bought a racing truck "on impulse" after a visit to Brands Hatch have formed their own racing team.
Ian and Vanessa Gypps founded Dark Horse Racing after their enjoyment of last year's races prompted them to invest in a six-tonne, 950 horsepower Foden 4000.
Mr Gypps got behind the wheel of the truck at the first race of the British Truck Racing Association season at Pembrey, South Wales.
"No one can prepare you for that rolling start off the grid straight into the first corner at 100mph, with another 18 trucks alongside you, all filtering down to one bend," said Mr Gypps.
You may also want to watch:
Wife Vanessa said: "Ian has always had an unhealthy, and now it would seem costly, interest in trucks and racing them seemed like the natural progression."
Dark Horse Racing are looking for sponsors in the area, who may be able to supply transportation, fuel, parts, oil, labour, tyres or funds for the team.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
Contact Mrs Gypps on 0770 602 7669.
INFO: More information about truck racing can be found at the British Truck Racing Association website at www.btra.co.uk