County Council’s Total Transport scheme goes under the microscope in public consultation
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire County Council is welcoming opinions on its proposed changes to council funded transport in the region with a public consultation.
The council is asking for the thoughts of the public on changes on transport in East Cambridgeshire, such as bus timetables and minibus services, through a county-wide consultation on its ‘Total Transport’ pilot scheme.
The scheme aims to bring together the individually-funded areas of transport in the area into one centralized system, which they say will make it easier for the public to make important journeys around the county.
Total Transport project manager Toby Parsons says the consultation has brought about a mixture of views.
He said: “What we want is to get as many opinions as possible. We want to use the results from this consultation in the best possible way, and hopefully find a solution that works.
“People have had some strong views. There are people that are struggling to get out and about who want better access to the towns and villages, but there are also people out there whose daily bus journeys could be affected by any changes.
“We just want to find a good balance.”
- 1 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 2 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 3 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 6 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 7 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 8 Drink-driver 'almost hit police car' in crash
- 9 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 10 Development plans submitted for next phase of Cambridge North
The council has welcomed the public to share their views on the proposed changes at meetings in Soham, Littleport and Ely, with the consultation due to end on Friday May 13.
A final meeting will be held in Little Downham on May 6.
The consultation will then be discussed at a full council meeting on May 31, before changes are implemented on September 1.
For more information on the Total Transport scheme, or to fill in the online survey, visit the consultation page of the council’s website on www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk.