County award for Ely College’s adult education
- Credit: Archant
ELY College’s community education service has been awarded a Quality Mark seal of approval, following a rigorous assessment by Cambridgeshire County Council.
The Quality Mark award recognises adult learning centres across the county which achieve high standards in community education.
Angela Spencer, Ely College’s adult education manager, said: “I am delighted for my team here, and for all of our tutors, whose hard work has been recognised in this award.
“There is now such a wide variety of choice in adult education, which means quality is more important than ever. We hope this Quality Mark award shows that, if you enrol on one of our courses, you can expect to have excellent teaching, good value for money, and a great experience all round.”
During the past few years Ely College has extended the range of courses available to the community, and is always open to ideas for others, both from prospective students and tutors.
You may also want to watch:
The college’s community education team will be on hand to discuss new ideas at its Saturday workshops at the college, in Downham Road, on March 23, where you can try your hand at courses in silk painting, life drawing, watercolour painting, glass painting, silver-smithing, food hygiene, hairdressing, digital photography, archery, or a number of dance styles, including belly dancing, Bollywood, jazz, contemporary, tap, or ballet.
For more, see www.elycollege.com/community or contact the team on 01353 664853
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 People power brings about changes to £800,000 roundabout scheme
- 3 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 4 Retired GP's death 'avoidable' if cause of severe chest pain was 'more thoroughly investigated'
- 5 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 6 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 7 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 8 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital
- 9 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal