EASTER Sunday morning celebrations began with Holy Communion at 8.30am, then followed by breakfast in the church hall. The 10.30am service was Easter Praise, which included celebratory hymns, prayers of thanks-giving and times of quiet meditation on the r
EASTER Sunday morning celebrations began with Holy Communion at 8.30am, then followed by breakfast in the church hall. The 10.30am service was Easter Praise, which included celebratory hymns, prayers of thanks-giving and times of quiet meditation on the relevance of Easter. Pastor Lowman spoke from Corinthians (chapter 15) about the importance of the crucifixion of Jesus and his resurrection.
The 5.30pm prayer meeting was a time of intercession on behalf of people who are ill, churches being revitalised by the Holy Spirit and unity between the followers of Jesus.
At 6.30pm, the service was based on the theme of Reflections on the Cross, which was led by the pastor, people shared their personal remembrance of the cross, either through a reading or a hymn.
This was also linked to readings from St Matthew's Gospel (chapter 27), The Stations of the Cross.
You may also want to watch:
Tonight (Thursday), the elders and the deacons meet for their monthly discussion on issues relative to the church. On Saturday, at 7am, they will meet for a time of prayer in the vestry.
Next Sunday morning, Rob Booth will lead a family service. In the evening, pastor Lowman will begin a new series on Haggat. Part one is entitled 'the call to start building again'.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages